Entree - Thailand
Sweet & Spicy Lemongrass Thai Salmon with Sesame & Soy Jasmine Rice
Pairing challenge: Pinot Noir vs. Zinfandel
(Vigneroni de Buxy Pinot Noir - Gamay) vs. (Seven Deadly Zins - Zinfandel)
1. Mix orange juice, sweet chili sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, lemongrass paste, basil paste, ginger, garlic and sesame oil together in a small bowl.
2. Pour mixture into a small saucepan and simmer over low heat for a few minutes until it thickens somewhat.
3. Preheat oven to 425°F./broil.
4. Place salmon fillets on a foil lined baking sheet or parchment paper but do not let catch on fire and brush with sauce.
5. Broil salmon about 6 inches away from the element for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes (depending on thickness).
6. Serve with rice and garnishes of choice.
Sesame Soy Asian Rice
1. Combine the rice and the chicken stock in a large saucepan or skillet, cover with a lid and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 18 minutes.
3. At the end of the cooking time, stir the rice and check the rice for tenderness.
4. drizzle with the soy sauce and sesame oil and toss well to coat.
5. For serving and garnishes: you could use lime or lemon slices, cilantro, basil, thinly sliced scallions, thinly sliced fresh Thai hot peppers, and radishes.
Kikkoman Organic Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce, 10 Ounce