Appetizer - Ecquador
Tuna & Bay Scallop Ceviche
Pairing challenge: French Sparkling vs. German Riesling
(JCB N'21 Sparkling Cremant de Bourgn1) vs (Fritz Haag Kabinett)
3/4 pound small bay scallops
1/4 pound fresh tuna
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
I large organic heirloom tomato
1 jalapeno pepper
I Serrano pepper
1 yellow pepper
1/2 red onion
2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup cilantro
1/8 cup parsley
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Place the bay scallops in a medium/large bowl.
2. Cut the tuna into rectangular slices and place with bay scallops in bowl.
3. Cut the limes in half and squeeze over the bay scallops and tuna until the the bay scallops and tuna are covered.
4. Cover and refrigerate for 3 or more hours until the bay scallops are opaque.
5. In the meantime, fine chop the tomato. Drain the lime juice from the bay scallops and tuna.
6. Thinly slice the jalapeno and Serrano peppers and remove seeds.Whisk the seafood with olive oil.
7. Finely chop the pepper.
8. Thinly slice the red onion.
9. Mince the garlic
10. Chop the cilantro and parsley.
11. Combine the olive oil, tomato, jalapeno and Serrano, yellow pepper, red onion, garlic, cilantro and parsley with the bay scallops and tuna.
12. Salt and pepper to taste.
Scoop the Ceviche into 4 bowls.